Côte d’Ivoire is facing delays in modernizing their energy production system. To confront this challenge, project is working to accelerate, with an acceptable level of risk and at the lowest cost, the development of Renewable Energy power plants using private financing.
The EU and Côte d'Ivoire have concluded a partnership agreement (ENERGOS 2 Programme), in which the EU commits to support relevant state entities to conduct competitive, open, and transparent independent power producer (IPP) tenders according to international best practice in public-private partnerships (PPP). Support under the ENERGOS 2 programme is structured in five interventions:
- One Technical Assistance implemented by DT Global, relating to coordination and advice on IPP transactions
- Four Technical Advisory missions corresponding to distinct energy technologies and potentials
This program works to ensure the coordinated and competitive development of renewable energy PPP projects in the small hydro, solar, mini power plants, and biomass sectors; and assists the Government of Côte d'Ivoire to conduct the Renewable energy PPP projects at the financial closing. The program also helps to evaluate the public Renewable energy projects 42 months of the start of the program and ensures quality control over all components of the energy project.
Main activities include but are not limited to:
- Support to the Ministry in the financial and fiduciary management of the entire program and in the establishment of ad hoc management systems, including providing the necessary management tools
- Support to the Ministry to coordinate the launch of the calls for tenders to select investors in each sector and each project in each sector. This will allow optimal deployment of Technical Assistance resources to prepare calls for tenders for investors and support negotiations
OUR GOALS AND RESULTS
The main goals of the DT Global Technical Assistance mission are the following:
- To ensure the coordinated and competitive development of IPP Renewable Energy (RE) projects in the fields of small hydro, solar, and biomass.
- Assist the Government of Cote d'Ivoire to lead the IPP RE projects to their financial close within 42 months from the start of the TA mission.
- Ensure quality control on all project components.
- Build capacity to enable the Ivorian entities involved in the project to prepare and conduct IPP tenders independently.